Master Environmental Engineering Sciences
The Master's programme in Environmental Engineering has been part of the Faculty's study programme since the summer semester 2012.
The degree programme has successfully undergone an internal accreditation procedure and meets the standards of the Conference of Ministers of Culture and the University of Rostock. The internal accreditation is valid until 30 September 2027.
A brief overview with general information on the degree programme as well as information on the formal admission modalities, on whether the degree programme has admission restrictions or not, can be found here.
Aims and Characteristics
Environmental Engineering Sciences is a science oriented university program with a duration of two years. The focus is on the contemplation and avoidance of environmental problems and the elaboration of possible solutions. The students gain knowledge about e.g. water supply, waste water treatment, efficient economy and alternative techniques of energy supply. The Master programme has the following training objectives:
- The students gain knowledge about nature, the complex interactions of different parts of the environment and existing environmental problems.
- Our students are trained to plan, manage and develop sustainable (non)technical solutions for occurring environmental problems.
- The students learn to assess, consider and balance the needs of all parties involved in occurring environmental problems.
- The students gain competences of methods and soft skills in scientific and consulting activities and are enabled to work in leading positions of environmental enterprises and companies.
Four faculties of the University of Rostock participate in the scientific education of our students:
- Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (AUF)
- Faculty of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering (IEF)
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Marine Technology (MSF)
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (MNF)
Alternatively, our students are able to participate in an exchange with another university (or equal institution) in Germany or in a foreign country during the 3rd and 4th semester.
If you wish to go abroad, please contact the Student Counsellor, the ERASMUS-Coordinator of our faculty and the Rostock International House of the University of Rostock in due time.