What's junior studies?
High school students are given the opportunity to take university courses in various disciplines while still at school in the form of an early study programme. What is special about this is that the studies take place predominantly online, i.e. junior students participate digitally via the learning platform, watch lectures and work on assignment formats. In addition to the digital offerings, there are two classroom events per semester that provide an insight into practice on site at the University of Rostock.
Who can participate?
Participation in the Junior Studies is possible from grade 10 (High Scholl) and in exceptional cases even earlier (highly gifted). No selection procedure is necessary for enrolment in the Junior Studies. All that is required is to fill out an enrolment form and upload it to the enrolment portal.
Why to attend the Junior Studies?
- You get an insight into the subject of your choice and can see at an early stage whether the course of study matches your interests and inclinations.
- You will learn how to work scientifically, which will also help you in school.
- The knowledge you gain will give you a head start over other students later on.
- If you participate successfully, you will receive a certificate of participation.
- Your strengths and interests are specifically addressed.
- The transition from school to university is made easier.